Why I Write


Why do I write? That is a really great question, actually. I have been asked that quite often over the last several months. It isn't an easy question to answer and the answer is probably not what most might think. I started this journey ten months ago in a hotel room in Winchester, Tennessee. I felt a nudge, a calling if you will, to do more than just share a few news stories with people and give a couple of sentences to summarize the importance of them. I felt God was clearly guiding me to add my voice to the many voices already out here. I didn't start this endeavor for wealth or fame. I would be lying if I didn't tell you that I would love to write full-time and make a living at it. But it is a lot deeper than that. So why do I write?

I write because I truly and deeply love our founding fathers and the unique vision they laid out for this republic in which I reside. I write to keep that vision alive and to ignite that same flame in the hearts and minds and souls of my fellow Americans. I write to hopefully inspire people to research more topics and learn. I write to provide insight into our world today, using history as a guide. I write to add a unique historical perspective on current issues facing this republic, and hope I can get others to do some critical thinking and explore these issues a bit deeper. I consider my blog akin to the works of Common Sense, by Thomas Paine. Not nearly as memorable or remarkable, but more a common sense writing for the everyday person. I consider myself more of a gardener, pruning the dead and dying branches and hoping that new green growth will fill in the tree of knowledge to keep our republic alive. Some may say I am just wasting my time. I don't hold any grand illusion that I am going to make a lasting impression on many, but if I can light a fire in a few readers, then I have done more to help save this republic than most. My blog is a last ditch battleground in the war of ideas. This republic is worth fighting for, and freedom and liberty must be fought for, protected, and passed on to others. I write to honor our founding fathers and to uphold their vision. To me, that is my mission statement for this blog. I owe it to the founding fathers and my fellow Americans to write from my heart and soul with a real passion for that vision.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Interesting Quandary For Democrats And Biden

An Open Letter To President Obama

How The Left Uses History To Undermine A Republic